We appreciate the generosity of individuals, businesses, and organizations who help Anna Marie's Shelter and Transition House by donating items from the needs list!
To make arrangements to deliver any items, please contact the Manager of Volunteer Services at Anna Marie's Shelter at 320-251-7203 x 210 and ask for Kim.
Our Urgent Needs for June 2017
URGENT NEED: Swimwear for teenage boys and girls! We have weekly swim field trips throughout the summer and our teens need swimwear. Thank you....
- Fun pillow cases for kids (for the Sweet Dreams Program)
- Teenage Swimsuits for boys and girls
- Fuzzy footie socks
- Cooking pots and pans for women leaving the shelter
- Irons for clothing
- Women's Underwear Sizes 5-8
- Women's Socks
- Body Wash
- Combs and Brushes
- Cake-decorating gels for birthday celebrations!
- Liquid Hand Soap
- Paper Napkins
- Women's pajamas--all sizes
- Women's slippers with non-skid soles
- Hand Towels
- Facial Tissue
- Toilet Paper
This list is also available in a PDF document at the bottom of this page. Thank you!
Is your civic group, workplace, school, church or family looking for a service project? A food or paper product drive to benefit Anna Marie's Shelter is just the thing. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Anna Marie's Shelter at 320-251-7203 x 210 and ask for Kim.
We really appreciate Gift Cards! This may seem impersonal, but for us they are the most useful tool we can receive. Gift cards take up less space, they can be used as needed, if women are leaving the shelter they will have less to haul, women may not know what they need until they need it, there is limited storage space for all of us!!!
Gift cards are the gift that keeps on giving!
- Gift cards for Fleet Farm, Menards, Home Depot
- Gift Certificates to Super America, Holiday, Little Duke's, Kwik Trip
- Gift Cards to Shopko, Target, Wal-Mart
- Gift Certificates or Value Connection Coupons to local restaurants, hair salons, etc.
- Gift Certificates to local grocery stores (CashWise, Sam's Club)
Call 320-251-7203 x 210 and ask for Kim Salitros
A NOTE ABOUT your Garage Sale! We hope your sale is very successful.
We are often asked, "What should I do with my leftover garage sale items? Can I bring them to the shelter?"
We are so grateful when Anna Marie's Shelter comes to mind! Unfortunately, we do not have room for all of these items.
Please call our Manager of Volunteer Services and In-Kind Donations, Kim Salitros at 320-251-7203 x 210 if you have questions. She can clarify what we need and what things we cannot use.
We also collaborate with Catholic Charities. Shelter residents often find needed items there.
Thank you for your kindness. Please understand, we hate to turn donations away. Yet, if we do not have room or cannot use your items, we hate to see items go to waste even more.
Our very best to you for a successful garage sale!
Please note: We cannot accept used car seats or used cribs. We prefer not to receive used television sets. THANK YOU for your understanding.